Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Irish Countryside


Although we didn't want to cut our love affair with Dublin short, we decided to take a break from the busy city for a day and take a trip to the Irish countryside. Our hostel recommended the Cliffs of Moher tour which takes you from Dublin across the country to the the Irish countryside and the Cliffs on a full-day, guided bus tour. Every stop that we made along the way provided amazing photo opts and breathtaking views, but the Cliffs of Moher was by far the most exciting...and terrifying!


Here is just another example of a fear that I was not aware I had coming to fruition. There are signs upon signs stating "Do not go beyond this point" and the only image that comes to mind are the hundreds upon hundreds of tourists you see "beyond this point".


Being the worrier that I am I had already played out in my head the inevitable slipping of my boots on a wet patch of grass and the 650 ft fall to my demise...C'mon I wasn't even half way through my study abroad!! Luckily, my fears were just wasted energy and all three of us left alive and with all of our limbs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment